As a Spirit inhabiting the body, One already is traveling, therefore Travel IS a Spiritual Purpose.
Everything One does is a Spiritual Purpose.
This is the premise.
How, Why, Where, When One Travels can explain the finer details of One’s purpose generally in One’s life.
Examine your travel life for deeper understanding of your needs, desires and fears
- What type of travel do you do? Leisure, rest, business, family, tourism, local, overseas, solitary, group, road, air, water, sport, hobby, art, culture, etc etc…
- What type of travel do you enjoy, despise, or feel obligated to do? why?
- What destinations do you return to? why?
- Is travel a conversation topic for you as a recognition tool (for instagram, facebook posts), a means to keep up with the Jones? to feel successful?
- Can you travel without showing photos to anybody? without telling anybody about it?
- Do you travel to ” off the beaten track” destinations to explore the unknown ?
- Do you get travel anxiety? why?
Being mindful about travel can save you time, money and effort.
You can focus on the benefits of travel for your life and minimize the negatives.
If travel brings up anxiety or fear, it could mean fear of the unknown, or a lack of control especially if your routine is quite rigid.
If travel is never enough and so much better than “home” could mean you need to examine your life, your work and other aspects you need to change.
If travel is addictive and you can’t stay anywhere very long could mean a lack of roots, or connection, or you could be a nomadic soul here to explore.
Travel can teach us so much about ourselves if we use it as a means of self-discovery.
Travel can inspire creativity.
Travel can teach us impermanence, flexibility, adaptability, patience, tolerance, acceptance.
Travel can bring deep transformation and healing.
Travel can show differing perspectives and broaden the mind.
Travel can simply be a change.
Travel can be in your own backyard, literally, with a new vision, a new state, a new presence.
Travel can be a pilgrimage.
Travel can be in your chair whilst meditating, watching an amazing show or reading an engrossing book.
Whatever type of travel you do, see it as your purpose in that moment.